HELP with Chromebooks and Log in
There is no way for the student to contact IT without being able to login. If students are able to login, they have access to SpArky SPArk - SPArky (sharepoint.com) which provides them guides and helps them log tickets about their devices.
If a Chromebook is damaged, a ticket needs to be logged the device serial and IT can take a look at the device.
One-to-one Device Programme
By September 2022 each student in an Ark school, from Year 4 upwards, should have a 1:1 device which they can use to support their learning at home. This device will be a Google Chromebook from our current technology partner, Lenovo.
The Chromebook that we will provide for each child provides more time for learning at home, which might include:
- Completing usual homework on their Chromebook
- Working through online learning materials that the school has shared
- Researching on topics for school projects
- Pre-reading articles or watching videos in advance of a new topic at school
- Completing short tests to check learning from lessons during the day or week
- Communicating with teachers and accessing lessons in the case of absence from school
- Studying and revising independently for tests and exams
- Catch up using online learning platforms when they have fallen behind in lessons
- Learn new things as part of enrichment programmes and clubs
The Chromebooks will come with all of the apps and software that each child needs to support their learning for no additional charge. They will have access to email and Microsoft Teams to enable communication with their teachers and their peers as appropriate.
It is important to remember though that a Chromebook is an additional educational tool and not as a replacement for traditional teaching and learning methods. It is still important for every child to attend school every day and to participate in their lessons fully.