Ark Blake provides a positive, calm, focused and purposeful learning environment where we expect behaviour to always be respectful and considerate. We endeavour to set exemplary standards through continual communication of our values, setting consistent expectations and explicitly teaching expected conduct and key learning dispositions.
Ark Blake Academy is an inclusive, safe environment where we oppose all forms of discrimination. All pupils must have an equal and fair chance to thrive and learn in an atmosphere of respect and dignity. We actively seek to prevent bullying by:
- Immediately challenging any pupils whose attitude and behaviour contravenes the Anti-Bullying Policy
- Addressing the needs of individual children, both bullies and victims
- Providing a consistent response to bullies and their victims
- Implementing a clear system to deal with different degrees of bullying
- Securing clear agreement among all adults involved on next steps
- Disseminating the academy’s anti-bullying policies and procedures throughout the Academy
If you suspect that your child or another pupil is being bullied, the academy would like to know as soon as possible; there are certain signs that you may spot before they become obvious in school. The first point of contact is the form tutor. It is much better to raise an issue early than to let it continue unnecessarily.